Thank you, thank you, thank you. The clouds parted. The rain held off. Runners and cyclists filled the streets. No, I am not talking about a random, bizarre dream. Instead, this past weekend offered that first glimmer of spring time. And it did NOT disappoint.
With the sun high in the sky, I vowed to make sure spending time outdoors was at the top of my list. Saturday morning, Jess and I went to hear a orthopedic talk to a local tri club on running injuries. Afterwards, I caught up with a group of triathletes on a group ride. This group ride was MUCH better than my last one. I could tell there were a few good riders but none of them had been on the bike during the offseason. So this created a few more stops and regroupings than I would like but that was the least of my worries on a day that is sunny and 65. After the ride, the group hung out at the bike shop over some suds and grilled chicken.
Sunday was much of the same. I headed out on my long run a bit overdressed given the sun's radiant heat. I plodded through 10 miles with the sheer enjoyment of being outside on a beautiful day. I did find it ironic on the warmest day of the year, Jess and I happen to have hockey tickets. So we spent part of the day in a cold arena.
Monday was even better. There was no stopping me from maximizing my time outdoors. We headed to the park for a brief workout and ended up spending most of our time just sitting in the sun. We had lunch on the patio when we felt like lizards basking. When we returned, I immediately hopped back on the bike for a spin..in shorts and short sleeves!!! Ahh, it is the little things that excite me so much. My legs were dead from the weekend workouts but I was determined to ride for about an hour. Upon my return, I sat outside finishing a work project until the sun's heat became unbearable and I fell asleep...on the front porch.
Alas, I am very thankful for the beautiful weather this weekend!!! I am more than happy to deal with it again anytime!! Hopefully everyone else was able to get outside and maximize their use of the early Spring day!
Tuesday, March 9, 2010
Weather Gods Shine Down on Thee
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment