
It appears to be that time of year. I am moving from period I (base) to period II (build) in the training plan. And goodness the body felt every bit of it this week. Fortunately, I was able to combat the amassed fatigue by visiting my crazy, head-splitting open massage therapist Eileen yesterday.
It is kinda sad to admit, but this week was my largest volume since June of last year. heh. The focus on intensity is still there but my mileage on the run stepped up a bit more, I assume in preparation for one last surge before the ING half mary. I ended up putting in nearly 26 miles of running which eclipses any non race weekly total in quite some time. And I cut off a few miles on the week due to time constraints.
Most notably, as my last blog indicated, was the entrance of masters swimming into the workout schedule. I think my body is still in shock from the time adjustment. And I felt every bit of it this week when training. I found myself quite lethargic in the afternoon, not looking forward to riding or running. My energy levels were sapped due to the 5 am wake up call. Given that, I am even more please with my ability to focus and push through the workouts this week. We will see what happens this week as I expect a bit more of the same.
For the month of February, I feel really good with where I am right now. I (crossing fingers) hope that I worked through a potential injury in January and it didn't appear to be a limiter in February. I returned to the pool. Sigh. And I feel good about the bike. I am very pleased to log 200 miles given that 100% of it was intensity, interval based. That being said, I am ready for some volume. I am ready for warmer temps and longer rides. Hopefully March will bring those wishes to me.
| February's totals: |
| Bike: | 10h 37m 30s - 207.2 Mi |
| Run: | 9h 58m 25s - 77.42 Mi |
| Swim: | 5h 42m 54s - 16050 Yd |
| 2010 totals |
| Bike: | 20h 30m 38s - 391.5 Mi |
| Run: | 17h 23m 45s - 134.22 Mi |
| Swim: | 9h 42m 54s - 28050 Yd |
No comments:
Post a Comment