Wednesday, March 19, 2008

Lactate Threshold Run

Yep. That time again. I nearly forgot about it this time around.

WU: 10:01, 1.18mi, 8:29 pace, HR 143
LT: 19:59, 2.71mi, 7:23 pace, HR 164
CD: 10:00, 1.03mi, 9:43 pace, HR 153

11/21 20:01, 2.50 miles, 8:02 pace
12/20 20:01, 2.71 miles, 7:23 pace
1/16 20:00, 2.74 miles, 7:19 pace
2/17 20:00, 2.74 miles, 7:19 pace
3/19 19:59, 2.71 miles, 7:23 pace

Hmmph! That isn't what I wanted to see. I really do seem to be hitting the wall on these. But the variables in the equation are always changing.

Yesterday's run was not good. I felt like crap the whole time. My HR was jacked up (presumably to my LT level as it should) and I was suffering from some GI distress. I did all I could to just hang on until the end.

I feel like I focused more on speedwork during the past month. I know I am capable of much more. At the 10k I did a few weeks ago, I held a 7:27 pace for 6.2 miles. I should be able to get my LT time down close to 2.9 for 20:00. Ok..time to shut up and train (SUAT).

No comments: