Wednesday, March 19, 2008

40 Days and counting

Until what you may ask? Not until. Instead, I have trained every single day for 40 straight days. That is 40 straight days that I either swam, ran or biked. Not an off day to be found. My last off day was Feb. 8. That day I drove from Augusta to Atlanta and Atlanta to Birmingham. The only reason that became a rest day was because I didn't bring my wetsuit home to swim.

I was a bit shocked to see this be the case. Of course, it is misleading a bit....but not by much. I am sure there are a few days where I sandbagged a workout. Or days that were strictly recovery where I only ran 2-3 miles (I love those).

I am a bit surprised that my body is holding up. There are definitely days that kill me. It is usually Thursday. But in general, I am structuring my weeks in such a way that my legs get momentary reprieve and bounce back for the weekend.

I am just ready to jump 100% into tri-training. This last half marathon is killing me mentally and physically. I learned a valuable lesson and will never schedule a half mary this late into the season (who knew March was late). It just becomes too difficult to juggle training at that level with the biking. In 10 days I get to switch full time to tri-training. Of course that means 2-3 more hours a week...but I will be able to cut back the run and focus more on the bike.

No comments: