Saturday, March 15, 2008

If it ain't broke...don't go fixin it

The superstitious side of me contends that if something is working in training then stick with it. It took me nearly two years to find a pair of running shoes that I love....not to mention a store that I love....Big Peach.

In 2006, I was introduced to the Asics Gel-Kayano XII. I initally balked at their $130 price tag but once I slipped them on, I knew they were an instant fit. I have now had two pairs of 12s, two pairs of 13s and I have an unused 14.

Say hello to my other family....the Kayano's....



They have treated me well. However, Asics had to go change something in the 14s and they don't wear like a glove. I haven't spent enough time in them to make any final conclusions. However, I can't help but to feel that there is a breakup on the horizon. To date, I have logged nearly 1400 miles in these shoes. When all is done, that number will be closer to 1800+. I certainly hope the Kayano's take it well.

No comments: