I think my shoulders, neck and upper back are in need of repair this morning. 4000y? Are you kidding me. I am making this week a swim focus. I feel the need to step it up and mentally this will prepare me for masters swim classes (next week, next week).
The Ironman swim is 4224 yards long. I guess there is something to said for the fact that I could probably complete that right now. However, I think 6 months is still plenty of time to work out the kinks. I believe that last season, I did one 4000y workout...it was brutal. Well this was no different.
I am still struggling to find a slower pace in the water. I tend to have two speeds. Fast and faster (comparatively speaking). So when workouts tell me to swim at 75% of pace, that is extremely difficult for me. But tonight I think I managed to do just that...and have enough in the tank for a final, strong push.
4000
WU: 300 (5.17, ) &
8x50 on 10" rest.
MS: All are done on a 1' recovery. 1x each:
- 1000 at 70% effort (18.31, 1.51 pace).
- 800 75% effort (14.54, 1.51 pace).
- 600 80% effort (10.52, 1.48 pace).
- 400 85% effort (7.03, 1.45 pace).
- 200 85% effort (3.17, 1.38 pace).
- 100 100% effort (1.25).
CD: 200
For those not counting, that is 80 laps. 1h 25m in the pool...ugh. It wasn't until I looked at this a bit further that I realized I did actually push it a bit more as time went on. The final 100 was definitely shocking.
I am more than happy that the body held up nicely. The shoulders are definitely sore and there is quite a bit of stroke correction that needs to occur. I know that I am physically strong enough to endure these swims. It would be nice, however, to learn how to swim with the water and not constantly fight myself with poor form. Next week I tell myself...next week.
For now I need to detox from all the chlorine!!!!
Tuesday, March 4, 2008
4000y? They call me flipper
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment