Monday, May 16, 2011

Swimming Progress

I dare say that I am still swimming. And I continue to see improvements. April was a BIG swim month for me. I put in over 35,000 yards. That left me a workout short of a new monthly total. While not 100% convenient, the current swim schedule fits my schedule pretty well. I am still finding that I am a bit more motivated in this new time slot.

I did retest my 1000 time trial. And to make this even more interesting (and true), I did it when the pool was long course meters. For those who don't understand the metric system, 1000m=1093 yards. So that is nearly an extra 100 on my test.

1/15/08 TT 1000y 18.01 (1.48 pace)
2/24/08 TT 1000y 16.44 (1.40 pace)
4/10/10 TT 1000y 15:22 (1.32 pace)
2/14/11 TT 1000y 15.24 (1.32 pace)
4/25/11 TT 1000m 16:19 (1.29 pace) (14:52 equivalent)

I felt really good after doing the 1000m. I knew I was pushing it but it was far from going all out. Needless to say, I am pleased with the progress. Best of all, I still took nearly 4 months off from swimming and have broken through to a new pr in only a few months.

I guess my next goal is to get that t-pace down to 1:25 range.

1 comment:

Andy said...

That's pretty rock solid! What is your new time slot that you swim at? Do you always do mornings?