Tuesday, May 31, 2011

Hair today, gone tomorrow

As certain as the summer humidity, I decided to go more aerodynamic with my noggin. Ever since making this career jump, a number of things have changed in my life...all for the better.

  • No more suits and ties. I have worn a button up shirt 2-3 times in the past 8 months. Weddings and funerals, that's about it.
  • Living in workout attire. 90% of the time I am in shorts, pajamas or something in between.
  • No shaving. I am lucky to shave once a week right now. I even took the holiday time to grow out facial hair for the first time in my life.
  • No haircuts. I had exactly ONE haircut from September to May.
Now, I really enjoy these liberties. I enjoy being on my own schedule. I enjoy rolling out of bed with complete bed head and coaching a workout (my hair received a number of jokes). Laundry is a lot simpler. In fact, I have a basket of dry cleaning that hasn't moved in 8 months. It is more likely to be donated than pressed at this point.

While I enjoy each of these, I knew the end was coming. As soon as the heat and humidity arrived, it was time to shave it back. I just couldn't take the messy look any longer. So I grabbed the clippers and gots my hair did.

This has become an annual tradition for more. It is something that I actually look forward too. But this time it was different. I was cutting off months and months of hair. Not just shaving it back a little more. I also took the time to completely shave my face. Voila. Instantly, I am younger.

I must say, given the race conditions of the past few weeks. I am very thankful that I didn't wait an extra day.

Before:





















After:

2 comments:

Courtney said...

The WM approves of this post.

Andy said...

Looking aerodynamic!