Friday, February 4, 2011

2010 Totals

I knew this slipped by but I will make sure it gets mentioned at some point. I hit all my training goals for the year

Bike:164h 27m 33s - 3138.44 Mi
Run:129h 12m 02s - 956.69 Mi
Swim:72h 20m 05s - 206685.9 Yd

My goals for the year were 3000, 750 and 200k.

This wasn't my biggest year for swimming. But considering the longest race I did was 1.2 miles, I didn't have the need for the same volume. In 2008, I did about 25% more distance.

My cycling was on par with previous years. Obviously, Ironman years are higher but not that much. I did about 250 miles more than last year.

Running was far and away a new high. I ran about 200 more miles than previous years. I think that is a substantial jump. Most of it can be accredited to staying healthy and my run focus to end the year.

The best part is that in both cycling and running, my average speed is faster than the previous year. This year I plan to train a bit differently, focusing a bit more on volume than distance. I am doing this more in response to the job than choice. However, I am very eager to see the results.

1 comment:

Andy said...

Those totals are awsome! Big leg up on your running goals since you blew through that by over 200 mi. Keep it up through the rest of the off season and I think your averages will keep going up and up (for the cycling and running). Have a good weekend!