It's over. Done. Finished. No more.
So my 50 in 50 challenge is finally done with. And not a moment too soon. There were highs, there were lows. And there were plenty of aches and pains. In the end, I nailed 50 runs in 50 days. The breakdown looked something like this:
Total miles: 186.6
Average miles per day: 3.7
November breakdown: 65.3 (19 days)
December breakdown: 121.3 (31 days)
Number of non-running days: 3
Number of two-runs in a day: 3
Average pace: 8:20 per mile
Number of runs under 3 miles: 24
Number of runs between 3-5 miles: 19
Number of runs between 5.1-7 miles: 3
Number of runs greater than 7 miles: 4
Easiest run: Probably the first. Most of the runs were easy. There were very few runs I didn't look forward to.
Hardest run: Hands down the last. I thought this would be my favorite run. I just finished a hard 2 hour ride and I was wiped. I came back to the house bonking and still knew I needed to run at least two miles. It was miserable. I only recall one other hard run where my legs were in so much pain that I really questioned going back to bed.
I have yet to decide if I am going to continue with the program and attempt to stretch it to 100 days. I really like the idea but I fear it will impact tri training too much. Plus I would really like to take a few days off without the pressure of feeling that I need to play catch up. More to come later.
Monday, January 3, 2011
50 in 50 is D-O-N-E
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
Pretty dang cool! Thanks for sharing.
Post a Comment