Tuesday, October 12, 2010

Busy, Busy, Busy Day

As an athlete, I have been known to workout a bit obsessively from time to time. I remember when I first started training. I felt like everyday I was in an out of the gym working on my fitness. If I only knew then what I know now. Yesterday was one of those days where I maximized (or overdid) my fitness.

It started with a light run in the park. I wasn't sure what I wanted to do for the day but it was too nice to spend indoors, especially since I was a lazy bum all weekend. I did a 10 minute warmup followed by 10-15 minutes of running drills and a brief jog back.

In the early afternoon, I went for a bike ride. I intended to ride for 90-120 minutes but my cycling legs are somewhere in transit. I cut it short right at 60 minutes.

Then I went to coach the group at Music City Runners. I didn't plan on running but the final few people wanted some additional company. The slow pace was much appreciated. I didn't need the additional stress on the body.

Finally, I wrapped up the night co-coaching a strength class. I spent the first 30 minutes just doing some of the exercises but not vigorously. But I did hit the core and stretching routine.

So the day culminated with four different workouts. Guess it is time to come up with a better offseason plan.

No comments: