Tuesday, October 19, 2010

And Away We Go....

Life it is a changin...

Things are moving quickly in life right now. I am unofficially a resident of Tennessee. I say unofficially because I haven't moved over all the legal paperwork or finished moving to Nashville. However, it appears that I am hear as full-time as one is going to be. About 10 days ago, I packed as much stuff into my car as humanly possible and made the trek. The rest of the stuff will make it on a return trip.

I am extremely fortunate that my full-time job provides me with some solid flexibility in that I can work from Nashville. The majority of my job is response and research so it is a bit difficult to go make a bunch of new work for myself. Most often I wait for it to come to me. So we have agreed to develop a bit of a transition out that will last until the end of the year.

At the same time, our coaching business is ramping up. Jessica and I have been given a tremendous opportunity to take over a competing business. The coach was looking to leave town and needed to hand off his clientele to a willing and knowledgeable group. Looks like we were in the right place at the right time. So as I am transitioning out of one job, I am taking on another.

I will admit that it is a bit scary--quitting my full-time salaried job in place of a customer driven, semi-seasonal, entrepreneurial opportunity in amidst of an economic downturn. And we will know in a few months if it was the right decision. I am very optimistic that this endeavor will turnout to be a fruitful decision.

For now, it is working long hours. I am up coaching 3-4 days a week from 5:30-7:30 am, then I find myself a nook or travel back home to log hours finishing up a few research projects and then I am back at it from 5:30-8:00 pm. Not quite the glamorous life but it is entertaining. There remain a few last obstacles from making this a seamless transition but for the most part things are running really smooth.

Plus, I hope that all this light, easy volume work will payoff next season.

1 comment:

Tri-James said...

Sounds like a great opportunity. For now I am keeping my day job.