Do you ever have that day where you are sitting in traffic or cruising along the interstate, the sun is out, the car is warm and you can barely keep your eyes open. You know at any minute your eyes are going to shut. You want nothing more than a quick, power nap?
Today was one of those days. Except for the first time in my life, I experienced it while riding. I must admit that it was a rough day. It started with masters, my phone ringing before I made it into the office, 30 minutes of ART, a stressful work day/week, an afternoon of eating candy and then some road rage.
I finally made it to Columns, unmotivated yet determined. I thought for sure I would salvage my attitude and once on the bike, I would feel better. Nope. I muddled through my warmup and still wasn't finding my groove in the first 15 minutes. I started my first interval and the watts weren't there. I decided to adjust my workout to something easier. Second interval nothing. I couldn't even hold 200 watts.
All along the way, I was completely out of it. I seriously struggled to find the energy to keep my eyes open. When I looked into the sun, the eyes nearly rolled in the back of the head. I debated pulling over for a quick catnap. Not sure if it would do the trick but it would be a funny story. Instead, I bagged it, grabbed some dinner and headed home. Maybe I should turn in a bit early tonight.
Wednesday, September 1, 2010
Asleep at the Wheel
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
It is hard to balance. Last year I used to put on finger on the treadmill bar and close my eyes. I got pretty good at ‘resting my eyes’ at a 7:30 pace.
Post a Comment