Things are beginning to look better in my world. So much in fact, that I some how managed to blog for the second time this month. In fact, I actually wanted to blog about a few other things lately. I take this as a good sign that I am turning the corner and beginning to re-engage in the sport.
I still don't have an offseason plan or any real goals. I still have't been to the pool in a few months. And quite honestly, I am loving it. I am still managing to train about 4 hours a week which sounds minuscule compared to the 12-15 that I am accustomed to. Instead, this is giving my body and mind some much needed rest.
One of the biggest changes that I experienced this season is that my body didn't recover properly. I used to bounce back pretty quickly. This year I found myself down for about a week after a sprint race. My half put me down for a couple of weeks. This didn't seem to jive with my previous experiences. So I want to take this build really slow. Right now, my back is extremely tight. Chiropractor and massage appointments haven't put a major dent into the issue.
On the other hand, the last few weeks have been good training wise. I retested my FTP and found significant gains. I retested my run LT and it bumped up. And this past weekend I did a four hour group ride with friends...my longest ride since Hawaii. I take all this grain of salt. I do, however, hope that it is a sign of positive movement.
Monday, October 19, 2009
Moving toward....something?
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
2 comments:
more dollar sightings?
Shhhh....I have been known to pop up on group rides this offseason. But it is a secret right now. :)
Post a Comment