Wednesday, October 7, 2009

Still Kicking It

Thanks for all the comments and emails, I really appreciate your support. I am trying hard to make a comeback on this blog. I really am. I have often said that if I can't commit to something 100% then it isn't worth my time and energy. I don't like to half-ass things. I do want to start blogging but mentally, I am not quite there yet....despite having tons of things to talk about.

The reality is that the last few months have been extremely difficult for me...probably the most challenging period of my life. I was forced to face some of life's biggest dilemmas and prepare to make life altering decisions. This coupled with having a sour season left me feeling down and not motivated to do much. I think I am turning the curve.

The offseason is here and despite not having a plan, I am still out there training. I competed in the Georgia Cup State Championship Time Trial. With the cooler weather, my running seems to be coming back. And just yesterday, I did another FTP test and saw positive returns. All of this is promising.

Most importantly, I needed a break from the sport...mentally and physically. I think I needed to get away from it all for a while and just enjoy the concept of running and cycling (NO swimming). This is providing my body and mind time to heal and recharge. I am still moving forward, make no doubts about it. There will be good news in the future....just not the immediate future. I don't need to put the pressure on myself right now.

Again, thanks for all the support and kind words. I plan to post a few more times over the next few weeks as I try to regain the blogging motivation.

No comments: