Monday, August 10, 2009

Rest of the Season

So I am behind on blogging again. I have so much to say but little energy and even less time. There are pressing concerns so I will address them immediately.

Training has been mediocre over the past few weeks. I was hoping to bounce back from my time off with more energy and motivation. That hasn't exactly happen. I seem to keep running into the same issues...not recovering well and not producing at high levels. This has caused me to reshape what I want from the rest of the season.

At the urging of Dan, I decided to race Age Group Nationals in Tuscaloosa in two weeks. This may be my last race of the season. I decided a few weeks back to dial it back even further. I would race this Olympic and if I race well, I will consider 1-2 more races. Otherwise, it is time to shut it down to mentally and physically focus on different things.

This all leaves me thinking through how I am going to approach Nationals race. I need/want to have a solid race. I am trying to put my all into training right now so that I will be ready. But more importantly, I am trying to mentally prepare for the race

The key for me is to have a solid race. I really want to feel like I gave the race 100%. I don't care where I rank. I do want to PR but that is contingent on too many variables right now. My focus will be to remain mentally engaged the entire race. I know I will be run down. But do I step it up a notch and force myself to push through the hard part or do I crumble and just tell myself that I am giving it my all...for the day.

No comments: