It really amazes me how the weather can change 180 degrees in just seven days. Last weekend, I was doing everything I could to stay both dry and warm. My Saturday ride was miserable. And then I had to fight 2-3 inches of snow just to get in 8.5 miles. While running, I can recall that during my final two miles all I wanted to was a warm tub. Mentally, I had already turned on my dryer to generate warm towels.
Fast forward to this weekend and it was a totally different world out there. I hopped on the bike at about 10:30 Saturday morning in shorts and a short sleeved jersey. By the end, I had unzipped the top to cool off even more. On Sunday, I started at 9 for a 12 mile run. This time, during the final two miles, I took off my shirt and was dumping water on my head. There was NO need for a warm bath after the run. Instead, it was 15 pounds of ice of the bath. Quite the reversal. Hopefully there are more weekends like that in the future.
Sunday, March 8, 2009
A Tale of Two Weekends
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment