Friday, February 13, 2009

General Update

So this week I was really blah and uninspired. I had the time to blog but I didn't have creative thoughts springing from my head. Alas, I will just provide a general update on a few things.

Training resumed this week. I think last week I was really run down from Hawaii and traveling. This week I felt fresh and energetic. I am excited about racing and ready to hit training hard.

My running is coming along. It is hard to isolate the cause but something is working for me. I recently changed shoes. After three years with the Kayano's I kicked them to the curb just before Hawaii. I probably have 50 miles in my new shoes and only irregular irritation in the knee. I don't want to get ahead of myself but the outlook looks better with each run.

I have developed a basic core routine that I am doing 3x a week. I am to sit down this weekend and put it down on paper. Right now it is a lot of pushups, isometric stretching and squats. I hope this will tighten up my trunk. Hopefully, I can get back to some yoga.

There might be a few more big announcements coming in the next few weeks. One might have something to do with this blog. I have some big ideas. I just need to flush them out and get moving.

My diet has been good sans the nachos, wings and beer during the UNC-Duke game. I am having a smoothie each morning which ups my fruit intake (generally 1 banana, 4-6 strawberries and blue/blackberries). I need to make a conscious effort to keep this up. I recently bought whey protein as I feel that I never have enough during the day.

Also stay tuned for my race calendar. I have not finalized it. I am racing New Orleans 70.3 on April 5th and that is about all I know. I am giving Triple T a really careful consideration and every thing hinges on that. If I pull out, then I need to create a whole other schedule.

Finally, I am racing the Tundra Time Trial this weekend. 9 miles of snot flying fun. I am looking forward to it. I don't have the power I need right now so this should be a good kick in the butt.

No comments: