I think I am back. Of course, I say this while still in denial about my toe and the potential impact it may having on training. I hopped on the trainer tonight (ugh) and lasted for 45 minutes. If you know me, then you know my hatred of the trainer. I simply don't have the mental focus or stamina to complete more than a 75 minute workout. But I did it...and I pushed through the times when I wanted to quit.
This week looks good for training too. The heatwave is making ideal conditions for training, sans the rain. I am optimistic that Thursday will dry out and allow me to ride. My plan is to jump on the Silver Comet Trail in the early afternoon and log 40-50 miles. I need to jumpstart training so that I don't get embarrassed next month.
The weekend is also looking pretty good. Hopefully the calls for rain are minor and scattered. If that is the case, then I hope to log another couple of hours. Lets keep hoping for good weather.
I am headed back to the chiropractor on Friday. My back has been feeling really good. I am trying to blast my core for about 20 minutes at least three times a week. This is crucial and I need to keep focused on this endeavor throughout the season. I have learned that my body responds positively to core training and my hips begin to stabilize. My plan is to use my second bedroom for this reason. Then I have NO excuse.
Tuesday, December 16, 2008
More thoughts
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment