Ironman Florida has nearly arrive. In 48 hours I will be in Panama City Beach among the mass of nervous athletes. It hasn't been easy this year. I have endured a lot physically, mentally and emotionally. I struggled with an injury that nearly broke me. It required me to let go of my aggressive time goals. It required me to physically take a break from training. It required me to muster the mental stamina to listen to a coach when all I wanted to do was go...and go longer and faster. It required me to physically do the right thing despite my inclinations. It wasn't an easy year.
It can easily be said that getting to the Ironman is just as challenging than the feat itself. Last year, I said training was 10x harder than the race. And this year is likely to confirm that feeling once again. For now, the goal is to rest and begin to mentally dial in for the race. While it has been a long year, I can now quantify in hours how far away the race is. It is time to toe the line and get in the water.
This year I have ridden over 3400 miles
This year I have ran over 600 miles
This year I have swam over 240,000 yards
This is the journey to the Ironman.
Monday, October 27, 2008
I can almost taste the salt water
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment