Sunday, October 12, 2008

3 weeks out

Yesterday marked the final three weeks before Ironman. Kinda hard to fathom that three weeks from this morning, I will be devouring every bit of food in sight as I bitch and complain about my achy joints.

I am starting to feel ready. The number of big workouts have been reduced to just a few. I had a long ride yesterday that didn't go as planned. It put me in a bad mood for most of the day. But I have to keep in mind that I have had 2 great 100+ mile rides and that is where the strength will come from.

I also had a great run this week. I totally nearly 14 miles on Wednesday between the am and pm runs. This week, I have a 2 hour continuous run. Baby steps I tell myself. But that run will be a huge confidence booster if I can get through it. And then I get to look forward to tapering.

The body is still holding up well. It is taxed. It is fatigued. But I am grateful each morning that I am able to rise and get through another workout. As I have said before, each Ironman is a different journey. Each has its own story. This one is marked by perseverance and overcoming adversity. Three more weeks and I will fulfill the only promise I have made this season--to let my body finally rest.

No comments: