Thursday, June 12, 2008

Updates

Sorry for the break in blogging. The cause is twofold. Taking off about 10 days meant I was a bit backlogged at work. Despite the fact that my mother and friends never think I work, the past 2 weeks were one of those periods where I had to earn my pay (it happens). Second, I am still in the recovery phase from Triple T. Though I didn't know it at the time (or afterwards), the race did quite a number on my body. My chiropractor and massage therapist were NOT happy with me. I wasn't happy either as I am teetering on the edge of a few injuries. So training has been mediocre at best. I think I am finally turning the curve.

Other updates:

--I bought my ticket to Belgium. Shit that cost as much as a new bike. How is it that I manage to find the MOST expensive things to get involved in? I did splurge a little and found a flight into Belgium and out of Amsterdam. Plus they are both nonstop. :)

--I hired a coach; Dan Arnett of Endurance Concepts. Dan has become a good friend of mine and hopefully will take my training to the next level. If you thought I was training before watch me over the next few months.

I didn't see anyway around it. And I am already glad I made this decision. In my stubbornness, I would have already been out training instead of recovering. So I am putting my faith in him. Scary...I know.

--Buster Britton Sprint is this weekend. This looks to be my only sprint race of the season. How sad. This was my second triathlon two years ago. It was also one of my best. I went 1:13 then. I only hope to beat that now. No expectations this weekend (yet). I just plan on listening to my body and hope that it can push the limits for 75 minutes.

--The summer heat SUCKS. There is nothing I can do about it but eat more ice cream at night???

--Worlds is less than 60 days. Oh Shit. Dan can I still run 12 miles? Not sure I remember how.

--I need to get back on a diet. Well kinda. My weight seems stuck at 161. I told you cycling would make me fat. I will start tracking it once again.

--Looks like I will be doing South Carolina Half again in late September.

--I WILL, I WILL, I WILL go to masters class!

1 comment:

Sarah said...

Dude, I didn't know you had a blog? I'm coming from your link on BT and adding you in my sidebar.

Nice choice on the coach - it sounds like that will get you where you need to be!!