Monday, May 12, 2008

May 5-11

Not really a good weeks worth of training. The first half was ok but the wheels fell off at the beach...as they probably should.

Monday--2000y swim; 23 mile ride
Tuesday--60 mile ride; 4 mile run
Wednesday--2.9 mile run; 3.5 mile ride (to a bar)
Thursday--2 mile run
Friday--15' of ocean swimming; 60' ride
Saturday--5 mile run
Sunday--Rest

Swim: 2000y plus some time in the ocean
Bike: 104 miles
Run: 14 miles
Total time: 8.2 hours

I have been loosely following an Ironman training plan for my Triple T training. The race is 140.6 miles over 40 hours instead of at one time. Given that, I didn't really see any need to spend 6 hours in the saddle. Instead, I *should* ride one morning then again in the evening. But that never really happened. Instead, I did ride for 4 straight days. My legs were a little beat after that.

But this week marked the beginning of a 2.5 week taper. That means I take my training load and intensity down. I let my body recover from months of pounding so that I am fresh for my race. Going to the beach this weekend helped. It forced me to slow down and chill instead of training more.

No comments: