Thursday, May 1, 2008

April Training Totals

Solid month for training. 30 days ago, I said my goal was to get on the bike as much as possible. And that I did. In fact, that is the most I have bike in a month...ever. I was quite surprised that my run volume was so high. I never focused on long runs. In fact, I only had one long run of 10 miles. My suspicion was correct that I am nailing a bunch of 5-8 mile runs. Those used to wear me down but an hour run is now fairly routine...I just go.

I only have two complaints. First, I need to get in the weight room. Injury prevention! Second, I still haven't started Master's classes. Merry Christmas in June? The reason? Well, I am so type "A" that I want to start them on a Monday and Monday is typically a swim day for me. Well the past few weeks I have been completely beat on Mondays. So I am going to postpone them until June. I plan on shaking up my training schedule a bit before starting my Ironman Florida training. This would be an ideal time to focus on my swim.

Alas, it was a good month. I will be pushed to repeat similar numbers:

April's totals:
Bike:27h 46m 42s - 510 Mi
Run:11h 03m 43s - 80.7 Mi
Swim:7h 16m 04s - 22500 Yd
Strength:30m
Yoga:1h 20m

No comments: