Monday, April 7, 2008

How you know it is tri-season

Here are my random thoughts from the past 48 hours indicative of the fact that triathlon season is in full gear.

1. It was raining on Saturday morning and my first thought was not to sleep in it was that I can't ride.
2. Carb loading. Boy I put back some calories this weekend including a JALAPEÑO SMOKEHOUSE BACON BIG MOUTH BURGER from Chili's, Mahi Mahi Tacos, pizza twice and a panini from Atlanta Bread Company.
3. Two weeks and still no beer or caffeine...even at bars.
4. Loads of laundry consist of techincal tees, spandex and running shorts
5. Loads in the dishwasher consist of half a dozen water bottles
6. I have notes of notes calculating my nutrition calories per hour for biking
7. I get home after a ride and I am a zombie for 3 hours
8. When getting dressed this morning, I couldn't find my hair gel because I haven't used it since Friday. It was hats and visors all weekend.
9. My dress shoes were neatly placed at the edge of my bed yet I counted 3 pairs of running shoes, 2 pairs of cycling shoes and 1 pair of flip flops on my bedroom floor.
10. I spent 5 minutes looking for my wallet prior to work before realizing that it was still in my gym bag.

Yep...the season is here.

No comments: