Monday, March 24, 2008

Mar 24-30

Finally the ING half marathon has arrived. It is so difficult for me to structure my weeks accordingly when training for a road race. Since the ING was a *cough* top priority for me, then I have maintained my heavy run focus while incorporating swim, bike and strength when I could. It became increasingly challenging to incorporate strength and bike because of the fatigue they left on the legs. However, next week is a new day. Well sorta. I am kinda back onto a tri-training regiment but I race again in two weeks.

So this week is a bit of a recovery week as I want the legs to be fresh for ING. That (kinda) means I can skip workouts if I am tired!!! Plus, and MOST importantly, I can sleep in on Saturday morning.

M: 3000y swim (3000y swim)
T: 6x400 at 5kpace / 60' ride (B: 50'; R: 30' tempo)
W: 20' run / 4500y swim (3500y swim)
T: 30' tempo run (25' run)
F: 60 mile ride (48 mile ride )
S: 20' run with strides (2 mile run with stretching )
S: ING HALF MARATHON!!! (13.1 miles)

Well it was supposed to be a recovery week...but I think it was just slightly off of what I have been doing all season. Good, strong workouts for the week with the ING being the culmination.

Total training time 8h 50m

No comments: