After some of the bad karma from last week, I am hoping I turned the corner. Friday afternoon, my chiropractor gave me the green light on resuming intense workouts. He said my body looked like a different animal than it was a few weeks ago. Well it should be. I felt really good after Mercedes. I did the right thing and went in for a massage on Tuesday to flush out the legs. I think my massage therapist loves me. She worked me for nearly 2 hours.
I also ordered a foam roller so that I can work on my myofascial release (link). This things is awesome. I roll on it twice a day and it takes care of the tension in my back. Now I just need to focus on my glutes and it-bands.
This next week also starts the next chapter in training. I feel good about my swimming progress but I need to step it up. I hope to visit a Master's swim class and learn more about technique. My goal is to attend Master's once or twice a week. I am thinking Monday evenings and Wednesday mornings will be prime time for me to swim. This week also marks a shift in my run training. In an effort to PR at the ING (which I still need to register for...ugh) I am jumping on a different training plan to see what kind of results I can get. But most importantly, I need to get on the bike more. March needs to be a BIG biking month so I have two weeks to set that base. While it isn't panic time....it is GO time.
Sunday, February 17, 2008
Clean Bill of Health & Next steps
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment