Wednesday night I engaged in my third LT run in as many months. Typically, you want to repeat these runs every 4-6 weeks and track them to determine progress. The idea behind an LT run is to condition the body to train near your LT thus stressing the body and training it to flush out the lactate acid from your muscles. That way, when you are racing, your body knows how to recover from this area.
Here are my results.
11/21 20:01, 2.50 miles, 8:02 pace
12/20 20:01, 2.71 miles, 7:23 pace
1/16 20:00, 2.74 miles, 7:19 pace
That looks like improvement to me. I was a bit shocked to see improvement from yesterdays run. Since my run volume has been suffering I thought my LT might slip a bit. Also, I know I went out too hard yesterday (first mile was about 6:45). I still need to work on building UP to LT instead of hitting it and hanging on.
Overall I am happy with the results. I think with a bit more strategy, I can get that pace down to 7:00/mile. That is one of my goals. Plus, I have plenty of time. And I am going to stay with base building going into Mercedes. That way I can switch to speed work in preparation for ING.
Thursday, January 17, 2008
Lactate Threshold Run
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment