Wednesday, December 8, 2010

Half way home

So far I have made 24/25 runs! Hooray. All the tightness I was experiencing a few weeks ago has subsided. Ironically, it went away the day after the Turkey Trot 5 miler. Maybe flooding my muscles with lactic acid, then my belly with too much food is what I needed.

So fast forward a few weeks and things are still looking good. There is general tightness and plenty of aches and pains. But most of those are normal for me. However, my mileage continues to climb. In November I eclipsed 100 miles for only the third time in the past 5 years.

Thus far, my mileage has peaked at 27.6 miles in a week. Over the past 25 days, I ran 106.8 total miles. My longest run was 9.3 which was actually 3 x 5k with 5 minute breaks. I don't have a specific goal for the next half of the challenge. I do suspect that my total mileage will be around 125 miles. I think my weekly mileage will peak around 32-33 miles. I don't know if I will extend it much further.

No comments: