As opposed to the 12 days of Christmas.
So this task is proving a little more challenging than I imagined. So far I have run 11 of 12 days so I am not falling behind. Instead, my body is having trouble adapting to the new workload. I am sore and tight all over. Some of this is from the increased frequency. The rest is likely from the lack of massage or chiropractic care. Luckily, I have both coming up soon.
I have had to rely on 2 mile runs more than I would like. But in reality, it is the wise thing to do. 7 days a week is a lot of running. Even only running 3 miles a day adds up to 21 a week. I don't want to build my mileage too quickly. In fact, I have a history of my body breaking down when I surpass 25 miles. So the plan is to keep it light.
Over the past 12 days, I have run 46.3 miles. I am very pleased with that. In fact, my mileage over the past three weeks has risen from 22.2 to 24.5 to 26.4. So it is climbing steadily. My goal still remains to reach a steady 35 miles a week. I think I am on pace to build there by mid-January.
Tuesday, November 23, 2010
12 Days of Running
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
What a great way to get in some base, and stay consistent. I would have to say that the one thing I short myself on is the massage and physical therapy during training. Keep it up, hope you can make your goal!
Post a Comment