Less than 48 hours away from donning the lyrca and unleashing pure sexiness...erm....hell on the course. I am kinda excited. Not jumping up and down excited. But I am looking forward to putting things into practice.
This year I opted to race a sprint tri prior to my early season "A" race. I have actually never done this before. I typically used Powerman Alabama as an early season tuneup but my duathlon career might just be over.
One of the things I have learned the past few years is that without racing prior to my A race, I often feel lost. My body isn't tuned into pushing it that hard. I forget about the pre-race jitters. I haven't dialed in my focus.
John Tanner promises to be only about 65 minutes of pain. But if forces me to mentally focus starting the day before. I will begin to mentally dial in the race plan and execution. I will mentally walk through everything.
Hopefully this strategy bodes well for me this year. I think it will suit me better and take away some of the shock that comes with the first race. More importantly, I just hope to have a good race. I haven't had one of those in quiet some time. I would like to start this season off right.
Thursday, April 22, 2010
Race Season Begins
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment