This blog might be the most painful one I have ever written. It forces me to search deep inside and admit something that I don't want to admit. I really don't want to admit it. But I am....kinda...enjoying...swimming. (shudders)
I have attended masters now for a month. Not a day goes by that I don't hate the 5 am wake up call. But after every single workout, I am glad that I made the choice. Of course, I am a zombie the rest of the day but the feeling is starting to grow on me.
In the past weeks, I swam with the triathletes. The workouts were typically in the range of 2500-2700 and lasted about an hour. This week I decided to make the switch and join the real swimmers. Suddenly I was overwhelmed again. These people were crazy fast. And my first workout jumped to 4000m.
All in all it really is an enjoyable experience. I am moving to swimming 3x a week. I am slowly meeting and getting to know my lane mates. It is just nice to have company while I suffer. I feel like 90% of the time training is so isolated. With other people, it is much more motivational and helps the time go by quicker.
So I am one month into a three month experiment. I do feel that my swimming endurance has improved significantly. I know that my mindset about swimming has improved. I certainly hope that my speed is increasing. Guess we will know it about a month if the 5 am wake up calls are paying off.
Wednesday, March 31, 2010
Masters Swimming
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
2 comments:
I really want to do the masters swim but I hate having to drive to the gym (another gym not on campus) - I will put it off again for another season ...
But I know it would help ...
I put it off for 3 years. I even asked for a gift certificate for one free month. I never used it. I understand where you are coming from!!!
Post a Comment