Friday, January 29, 2010

Best way to beat the winter?

I recently mentioned how the winter seems to sap the motivation out of me. I find myself wanting to train more but getting out the door when it is cold becomes more and more difficult. In fact, this weekend, I was stuck in Nashville where 4 inches of snow turned to ice and trapped me in the house with no way to leave nearly all weekend. There was no long run available given the conditions of the road. And after a bout with the trainer on Friday, we tried again on Saturday only to stop mid workout. I hate intervals on the trainer. So weekend training was a bust. Another no go. Another hope next weekend is better.

So what is the way to stay motivated throughout the cold? Simple, go somewhere warm. And today, I made that leap again. I will have to wait 365 days but I am going back to Kona this time next year. Ahhhh.....warm sun, lava fields, suntan in January, 25 hours of training, a suntan in Januaryand of course lava java. Sounds good to me. Is it 2011 yet?

No comments: