
Despite not getting in my long run yesterday, I completed the week of testing and I am still intact. I should take it as a good sign that my body adapted and doesn't feel crushed. Though, my massage therapist last night asked me if I had participated in the running of the bulls since my body felt trampled. I guess I expected a lot worse.
As mentioned in my previous blog, I rode at Columns for my 20 minute Time Trial to determine my new FTP. Aside from the blood, I had a great ride and my numbers took a giant leap. The first time I ever tested was back in September after returning from Belgium. I grinded out the test in Dan's basement and averaged 250 watts. I turned around a month later and produce 240 on a hilly time trial. Then 2 months ago, I was only able to squeek out 225 at the Tundra Time Trial. The numbers for Tundra weren't that surprising given that I hadn't cycled much outside of Hawaii.
I anticipated a bit of a bump on the new FTP test. I realistically thought I would be in the margin of about 250. I thought it would be awesome to be as strong as I was when I was peaking for IM FL. Hopefully that is a good equation for success later this year. I can't say that I was shocked after the test when the numbers registered was 260 watts. That is a 13% increase from two months ago.
- 20' TT 8.01 miles 24.01 mp, Avg 260 watts, 3.43 w/kg
On Friday, I had to return to Columns to complete a V02 test. Along with the FTP, this is shorter test that allows for more analysis in developing my power zones and power potential. The test is similiar but instead of pacing a bit for 20' time trial, it is all out for 5 minutes. This time it was sans blood. I managed to average 320 watts....thus indicating I have plenty of room to raise my FTP over the next few months.
- 4:49, 2.04 miles, 25.4 mph, Avg 320 watts, 4.25 w/kg
No comments:
Post a Comment