FYI only. I came across this article while perusing some blogs on injury prevention. I thought this author summed things up pretty well and provided tons of helpful instructions on how to work on these areas. Feel free to pass on as needed.
http://optimumsportsperformance.com/blog/?p=375
Working in the field of strength and conditioning and sports massage, one of the most common complaints I receive from athletes is “my knee hurts.”
While the knee can hurt for a variety of reasons, some of those reasons requiring surgical intervention, it is not uncommon for the pain to be cleared up with some soft tissue work and corrective exercise.
Patellofemoral Pain, or anterior knee pain, and IT Band Syndrome are two of the biggest complaints that plague athletes, especially athletes like runners and cyclists who perform repetitive movements in training and competition and usually do so over long periods of time and/or distance.
No comments:
Post a Comment