Tuesday, January 20, 2009

Trainer Party


Bring your bike, bring your trainer, plan to sweat and bitch a lot. No helmets needed. Well..maybe for a few....

Bottomline--cycling in the cold is no fun. I have a breaking point that usually rests between 40-45 degrees. At that point, cycling no longer appeals to me. On the other hand, I don't enjoy riding my trainer either. So winters often become a bust for me. I am trying; though I struggle most of the time.

Saturday morning Coach Dan hosted a trainer party. 9 people invaded his living room. Thankfully Nancy was out of town but certainly returned to the stench of a locker room.

Workout:
10' z2
5' On/Off z4/z2
5' z2
5 x 3' z3 (2' reco)
3 x 2' z4 (3' reco)
10' z2
3' z3
2' z4
5' z2

The setting was much like a spin class with the ambiance of hardwood floors, a fireplace and LCD tv. There were no black lights and head pounding music (next time). Instead, Dan would yell out the workout and then we would chat in between.

No comments: