Well camp officially began Sunday night. That provided me ample opportunity to get things done and chill most of Sunday. The time zone difference is brutal. I initially woke at 1:30 (6:30 est). I forced myself to stay in bed until 4:15 before stirring around the condo. We were the first to hit the grocery store on the Sunday morning and by 9:00 am we were wondering what in the world we were going to do all day.
In the early afternoon we took the freshly assembled bikes to find some asphalt. We headed out on Alii to the Queen K and did a brief out and back to the energy lab. It was really cool to finally see the things you always here about. The pace was casual and the 4 of us just chatted.
In the evening, classes began. With a focus on nutrition, most the information was common sense but bears to be repeated...as we all KNOW but fail to execute most of the discussed topics. I spent most of my time thinking about two of my biggest gaps...diet and sleep. The coaches isolated both of those topics for a while which allowed my brain to go into sensory overload trying to figure out HOW to apply the rules to my life. I still don't know how one works, trains, eats and still manages to get 9 hours of sleep each night. Oh well...something to strive toward.
So day 1 is in the books. I wish they were all that easy. But then again, it wouldn't be a training camp ....
Monday, January 26, 2009
Day 1 of Camp
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment