Tuesday, September 23, 2008

The Road to Florida begins.....

Four hard weeks. That is about all I need to endure. It began last week with my first real week of training in quite some time. This was the first week in probably six months that I hit everyone of my workouts. This was the first time in over six months that I put in 10+ hours of training.

Week in Review:

Monday--Rest day
Tuesday--2300y in the pool as 16x100 hard
Wednesday--3000y in the pool as 5x300 and 5x150; 23 mile ride with Coach Dan
Thursday--3.5 mile run easy with Coach Dan
Friday--3300y in the pool as 5x500; 10 mile ride
Saturday--1400y in the lake continuous; 81 mile ride
Sunday--5 mile run in the morning; 5 mile run in the evening

Swim: 10,000 yards
Bike:114 miles
Run: 13.5 miles
Total time: 11h 39m.

I am thrilled with this. The best part is thus far, my body is feeling good coming off that week. I thought I would be dying for some recovery. But I am not. The numbers are well below where I really need to be for this part of the season but I am happy to be at this point. I will take what I can get right now.

The next few weeks bump me up to 14-16 hours. That will be the key. I hope I am on the right path for a good race at Florida!!!

2 comments:

Jessica said...

You are going to have a better race than you think. You rock!

Sarah said...

It's so good to read this, it sounds like things are really going well. Can't wait to cheer you on at IMFL. And no, not sign up. I'm all about Moo 2010.