Yippee Skippy!!! Coach Dan approved me to race this weekend. I am excited and scared at the same time. I know I need to race again prior to Ironman Florida. Typically, I would race a half-ironman about 4-6 weeks out. This would allow me to go through a checklist for racing. I would test my nutrition plan and get it dialed in for the Ironman.
But given everything that has occurred this season, I have grown weary of racing a HIM. I am running out of time. Plus I feel that racing 13.1 miles might put me at jeopardy and not able to fully recover in time. This is a bit disappointing because I really like the 70.3 distance.
Alas, I have felt that I need to race again. I really haven't raced much this season. My last tri was the first week of June. I feel like I need a run through to mentally dial in for Florida. Plus, when I thought about this race, I began to get excited. I love racing. I miss racing.
This is all part of my plan to push out negative energy. I am hoping this race will rejuvenate me a bit. It will remind me why I love this sport. It will catapult me into wanting to train again.
I don't expect to do too well. My goal is to prepare for Florida and that means I try to have a good swim and kill the bike. The run? Well shit happens and we will see if I can muster together 6 miles of something on Sunday.
Tuesday, September 9, 2008
I am racing this weekend!!!!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment