Thursday, June 19, 2008

Lactate Threshold Run

Yep. It is that time again. I haven't done an LT run since 3/19. I thought I would keep up with this routine a bit more but as the need to build endurance took over, I let it fall by the waste side. Now it looks to be a regular part of my training regiment.

WU: 10:00 1.25 miles (8:00 pace) Avg Hr 142
MS: 19:59 2.83 miles (7.04 pace) Avg Hr 167
CD: 5:00 .50 miles (9.57 pace) Avg Hr 161


11/21 20:01, 2.50 miles, 8:02 pace
12/20 20:01, 2.71 miles, 7:23 pace
1/16 20:00, 2.74 miles, 7:19 pace
2/17 20:00, 2.74 miles, 7:19 pace
3/19 19:59, 2.71 miles, 7:23 pace
6/19 19:59, 2.83 miles, 7:04 pace

Well it comes as a bit of a shocker than I had my best LT run of all time. That is roughly a tenth of a mile further than I ever ran before. Suh-weet! It sucked out there. I was struggling the whole way but clearly something was working. Plus it gives me a bit of an incentive--I want to get that pace under 7:00 per mile. I haven't seen numbers like that in a LONG time

-----------
Injury update: My IT bands held up today. I was nervous ALL day. I experienced discomfort but little pain. I just hope my diet of foam rolling, stretching and advil are able to keep the irritation in check. I am ready to start training. The stress of Belgium is beginning to set in. Less than two months....ack!

No comments: