Wednesday, April 23, 2008

Body Transformation Challenge

1/14 164.0 lbs 8.0% bf
1/28 163.4lbs 8.0% bf
2/13 164.0 lbs 7.3% bf
2/26 162.6 lbs 7.6% bf
3/10 162.0 lbs 7.6% bf
3/24 160.4 lbs 7.0% bf
4/7 158.2 lbs 6.7% bf
4/22 157.0 lbs 7.0% bf

I think my body is at an interesting transition. I am particularly intrigued to see how tracking my weight will change over then next few weeks. Running helps develop long lean muscle. It is very easy to drop weight. Cycling, on the other hand, builds heavy, bulky muscle in the legs while shedding calories and body fat. For instance, a long run for me might be 10 miles where I burn 1000-1200 calories. Cycling is more of a 3-4 hour session where I will go through about 4000 calories. But I will say that I eat like a horse after a long ride.

I must admit that my diet is still nonexistent...I am off the boat. With the warmer weather it should provide me more opportunity to grill out. I need to force myself to prepare pounds of meat at the beginning of the week. I also need to get back on the fruit bandwagon. I was doing so well for a while. As it becomes warmer, hydration plays an even more role. Fruit just makes it so much easier.

No comments: