Sunny and 70 all weekend. Could you ask for better weather. That being said, I wasn't about to miss out on the opportunity to spend nearly ALL weekend outdoors. Saturday morning CRR went well. I spent the rest of the afternoon driving around town look at potential condos and townhomes. That evening I managed to get my act together at run another 2.5 miles as a bit of a recovery plus additional mileage for the weekend.
Sunday was even better than Saturday. My legs felt like lead from the day before but there wasn't any notice soreness. I met Jonathan, Chris, Lisa and Greg in Roswell to embark upon the Mile High 55 route. I have ridden Roswell a number of times but I guess I forgot exactly how hilly it was. All of us minus Lisa did the CRR the day before and knew this route would challenge us.
The problem with taking on this route so early in the season is that none of us are in bike shape yet. 40-50 miles of flat training, working on our aerobic engines is what we really needed. Instead, we took on hills and focused on strength. Individually we paid the price. We kept the pace slow and conversational with stops about every 20-30 minutes to regroup.
I definitely felt tired but strong at the same time. I feel like I am much more of a climber than a sprinter. I hit most of the hills hard. Sure it took some out of me, but I like to work through that pain. As the day wore on so did we. I called it a day when we made it back to the cars right at 40 miles. I didn't see the need to do more. It was time to gorge on some Moe's...and maybe a milkshake :)
The funniest part of the day was when I got back and took my ice bath. After drying off, I looked in the mirror and my arms were completely sunburned. As in red. Even have a nice Garmin watch tan. As I sit here at work the next day, I can still feel the heat on my arms. Sweet!!!!
So overall it was a great weekend. I need to focus more on nutrition. I let this lapse a bit both days and it added to my fatigued, run down feeling. I knew I was low on calories yesterday and it made the ride that much painful. Looks like I will be ordering some Infinte sooner rather than later.
Monday, March 3, 2008
Great Weekend
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment